Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeanne Lamon

Another chance to hear Hannah French’s programme from 2016, in which she visited Toronto to interview violinist and Tafelmusik’s artistic director Jeanne Lamon, who sadly died last month.

A repeat, but maybe an appropriate one.

An interview with Tafelmusik’s artistic director Jeanne Lamon, who sadly died last month.

I’m sad to note her passing. A fine musician, and Tafelmusik have made some very good recordings.

JL RIP

Comment

So sorry to learn if her passing. Here is a link to a brief obituary without a paywall attached: https://www.cbc.ca/music/jeanne-lamo...t-71-1.5926256

For some reason unknown to me, this Youtube item failed to show a starting image when entered here as a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        So sorry to learn if her passing. Here is a link to a brief obituary without a paywall attached: https://www.cbc.ca/music/jeanne-lamo...t-71-1.5926256

For some reason unknown to me, this Youtube item failed to show a starting image when entered here as a video.
        Thanks Bryn.

There was also a fascinating Classical FM tribute to her, which a Canadian friend pointed me towards - an edited version (75mins with shortened music clips) is available here:

A Special Tribute to Jeanne Lamon
        Original air date: June 24, 2021

On June 20th, 2021, the music world lost a rare giant. Jeanne Lamon, baroque violinist and leader of Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra, died at the age of 71 from lung cancer. From her arrival in Toronto in 1981 until her retirement in 2014, Lamon built the group from fledgling ensemble located in a city unfamiliar with “period performance practice” into an international powerhouse, with over 80 recordings, and loyal audiences both at home and abroad — changing the musical landscape in the process.

In this Tribute, Kathleen Kajioka share’s performances, stories and insights offered by those who knew her best.
        We’ll hear from colleagues, collaborators, friends and students, including Ivars Taurins, Charlotte Nediger, Alison Mackay, Marshall Pynkoski, Jeannette Lajeunesse-Zingg, Ottie Lockey, Timothy Haig and Tricia Ahern, who will help us remember this trailblazing leader without whom our musical landscape would not be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          Thanks Bryn.

There was also a fascinating Classical FM tribute to her, which a Canadian friend pointed me towards - an edited version (75mins with shortened music clips) is available here:
          http://classicalfm.ca/station-blog/2...-jeanne-lamon/
          Returned thanks. I would never have thought of checking CFM.
          Last edited by Bryn; 05-07-21, 19:40. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Returned thanks. I would never have thought of chwecking CFM>
            Nor would I
            Kathleen Kajioka, the Canadian presenter, is very good and played with Tafelmusik.

Comment

Working...
            X