Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMS The Elements - Earth

Any predictions / suggestions for the Earthy pieces to be played on Sunday?

I'm hoping for the Tallis Scholars' Earthquake Mass for Brumel. Any votes for Paul Van Nevel?

The Elements - Earth

Hannah French begins a series of four programmes associated with the ancient concept of the elements: earth, air, fire and water. Today's programme focuses on all things earthly, with music by Rebel, Purcell, Handel, Almeida, Monteverdi, Ramsay, Brumel, Delalande, Morley and Byrd.

Palestrina's Terra tremuit?

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
    Any predictions / suggestions for the Earthy pieces to be played on Sunday?

I'm hoping for the Tallis Scholars' Earthquake Mass for Brumel. Any votes for Paul Van Nevel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000z5sr
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Palestrina's Terra tremuit?
      Thanks - new to me and I enjoyed it.

Comment

Thanks - new to me and I enjoyed it.
        There's time for a version by William Byrd too!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          There's time for a version by William Byrd too!
          Lovely, that's another off the list - and I have the Cardinall's Musick Byrd 6 CD poised

Would Monteverdi's "Hor che 'l ciel e la terra e 'l vento tace" work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5E1piv-NHs
          There must be something Earthier.

Comment

LWould Monteverdi's "Hor che 'l ciel e la terra e 'l vento tace" work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5E1piv-NHs
            There must be something Earthier.
            Very nice, but I think perhaps it's also anticipating Air

Comment

I prefer your Palestrina suggestion to producer Les Pratt's "Boogie Wonderland" - I almost hit the off switch!
              When we get to "Air", will we get the Windows start-up theme - because it contains "Wind"?

You were spot on with the Byrd, French Frank, and HF's Monteverdi was an excellent choice, ditto the rest.

I enjoyed this EMS. Roll on air, wind & fire - followed by "The Four Humours", perhaps? (Happy to provide Bile suggestions, some aimed at R3 "improvements").
              Last edited by AuntDaisy; 29-08-21, 16:53.

Comment

Cry of the Earth by Tony Biggin

Oh, wait - that was 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  Cry of the Earth by Tony Biggin

Oh, wait - that was 1990
                  You're as bad as Les Pratt

Forgot to add that the early "Rock" music was a pleasant surprise.
                  Last edited by AuntDaisy; 29-08-21, 17:29.

Comment

Working...
                  X