Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMS website failure?

In the Radio Times and on the iphone Radio 3 Schedule, the programme was supposed to be discussing the relationship between Gainsborough and the viol player Carl Friedrich Abel. The EMS website still has last week's programme flagged up for Sunday 4th.
    What is going on?

Anyway I was unable to listen today (daughter running in London Marathon) so will catch up (EMS, not her!) tomorrow.

I find it very annoying that the BBC allows the EMS home page frequently to be faulty. They can expect a complaint from me. Hope they're quaking.

Meanwhile, a post on here from anyone who was listening in will be welcome.

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    In the Radio Times and on the iphone Radio 3 Schedule, the programme was supposed to be discussing the relationship between Gainsborough and the viol player Carl Friedrich Abel. The EMS website still has last week's programme flagged up for Sunday 4th.
    What is going on?

Anyway I was unable to listen today (daughter running in London Marathon) so will catch up (EMS, not her!) tomorrow.

I find it very annoying that the BBC allows the EMS home page frequently to be faulty. They can expect a complaint from me. Hope they're quaking.

Meanwhile, a post on here from anyone who was listening in will be welcome.
    Increasingly I get the impression that the R3 online presence is being run down; Afternoon Concert is a bugbear of mine, info is inadequate at best and wrong more often than I think is acceptable.
    Never mind from 21 October there probably won't be any information at all, wrong or otherwise, as the schedules are completely blank...

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
      Increasingly I get the impression that the R3 online presence is being run down; Afternoon Concert is a bugbear of mine, info is inadequate at best and wrong more often than I think is acceptable.
      Never mind from 21 October there probably won't be any information at all, wrong or otherwise, as the schedules are completely blank...
      When was Sunday 4th? - today is Monday 4th!

Comment

Seems to be okay now. Abel/Gainsborough on Sounds from yesterday (3rd) and London International Festival of Early Music - Young Ensemble Competition on next week (10th). Perhaps someone complained?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Whoops. I was writing late on Sunday (i.e. the wee small hours of Monday morning) and got confused....like the BBC?

Seems to be okay now. Abel/Gainsborough on Sounds from yesterday (3rd)
          ...but website still shows last week's episode (The Elements) as the most recently available episode. The best way of locating a programme seems to Googling Radio 3 Schedules.
          Last edited by ardcarp; 04-10-21, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            The best way of locating a programme seems to Googling Radio 3 Schedules.
            Or going to the forum Homepage and clicking on the Schedule link in the sidebar?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Or going to the forum Homepage and clicking on the Schedule link in the sidebar?
              I bookmarked the schedules from there a good while ago now having got fed up wasting time ploughing through the unnecessary guff on the main BBC website.

Comment

Working...
              X