• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Trio Medieval on Lunchtime Concert

ttps://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018ql8

A lot of medieval-sounding music in the mix in this enjoyable concert. To be honest, I think much of the early stuff consisted of Norwegian and other European folk song material arranged to sound typical of the group's core repertoire. But why not?
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    ttps://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018ql8

A lot of medieval-sounding music in the mix in this enjoyable concert. To be honest, I think much of the early stuff consisted of Norwegian and other European folk song material arranged to sound typical of the group's core repertoire. But why not?
    What matters most is, was it à la mode?
    Last edited by ardcarp; 05-07-22, 18:43.

Comment

• Mandryka
      • Feb 2021

I’m very keen on women’s voices and it’s nice to be reminded of these singers. I love their sound, the timbre of each one of their voices is distinct yet somehow they seem to fit together to make an appealing whole. The style is fluid and sensual - I see that as a modern trend in performance of medieval voices, they have the same sort of sensuality as I hear from Tetraktys. The early music they’ve recorded has been pretty bold and recherché too - altogether they get the thumbs up from me. Haven't heard the radio concert, I’m not really a music radio person.

Anyway I’m listening now to their Lionel Power mass and it fits my mood on this beautiful and lazy July afternoon perfectly.
      Last edited by Mandryka; 09-07-22, 04:41.

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Comment

Working...
        X