Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vivaldi Edition - Sunday 25th

Hannah French explores the major recording series the Vivaldi Edition, in conversation with its artistic director Susan Orlando. At 68 discs so far - the 69th will be out on Friday - the Edition is one of the biggest recording projects of the 21st century and aims to release every note of music in the manuscripts Vivaldi had with him when he died in 1741.

Hannah French explores the major recording series the Vivaldi Edition

Do they need a longer programme?

Presumably no reviews of the project by Igor Stravinsky

Comment

I was enjoying this and then there was an awful interruption - someone jabbering away over music about totally unrelated material. Sigh. I'd forgotten about the appalling EMS News slot... Completely wrecked my concentration and the flow of the programme. If it is considered necessary for heaven's sake put it at the end or the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        I was enjoying this and then there was an awful interruption - someone jabbering away over music about totally unrelated material. Sigh. I'd forgotten about the appalling EMS News slot... Completely wrecked my concentration and the flow of the programme. If it is considered necessary for heaven's sake put it at the end or the beginning.
        I have just got round to listening to the programme and couldn't agree with you more. Who the hell thinks it is a good idea to stick inane announcements in the middle of what is an interesting programme? The amount of early music on R3 is already limited, for God's sake leave this one hour programme alone!

Comment

for God's sake leave this one hour programme alone!
          I hope they don't muck about with Robert Parsons tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X