X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

What a wonderful programme!! I strongly reccomend The Sixteen/Harry Christophers set of 'The Eton Choirbook'. Such sublety of singing and the tone, typical of this choir.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      I strongly reccomend The Sixteen/Harry Christophers set of 'The Eton Choirbook'. Such sublety of singing and the tone, typical of this choir.
      Seconded!

The Music is almost overwhelmingly beautiful and these performances are superb.

The cheapest I can find easily is from the river people*: works out at less than a fiver per disc with free P&P!

EDIT: I gave a link, but it didn't link!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• austin

Rehearsing the John Browne Stabat Mater at the moment for a performance in St Mary-le-Tower Church by the Tower Chamber Choir in Ipswich on Good Friday together with the Requiem a 6 by T L da Victoria under Michael Nicholas. Wonderful to have the opportunity to sing these works.

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

I wish we were doing the John Browne and not the Richard Davy setting. The Browne is the most beautiful thing I think I have ever sung, and it is so full of tunes - especially the setting of stabat mater, rubens rosa/iuxta crucem lacrimosa/videns ferre criminosa/nullum reum crimine.

(I always think that people who claim that early music doesn't have tunes should be forced to listen to that!)

Comment

Working...
          X