Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seem to be rather a lot more "bleeing chunks" (eg single movements) being presented on TTN these days. Or am I just becoming over-observant?

Comment

Early music from Poland Double Bill

Tuesday 16 October
      Castello, Valvasensi, Marini and Sarti
      Early music from the 2016 Wratislavia Cantans festival in Poland. With Jonathan Swain
      Early music from the 2016 Wratislavia Cantans festival in Poland. With Jonathan Swain.

Wednesday 17 October
      A concert of music by Telemann with the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra, presented by Jonathan Swain.
      Music by Telemann with the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra, presented by Jonathan Swain.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        There seem to be rather a lot more "bleeing chunks" (eg single movements) being presented on TTN these days. Or am I just becoming over-observant?
        Possibly some of these come from the need to split the programme into three two-hour chunks. Others will come from choices made by the suppliers of the recordings.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
          Tuesday 16 October
          Castello, Valvasensi, Marini and Sarti
          Early music from the 2016 Wratislavia Cantans festival in Poland. With Jonathan Swain
          Early music from the 2016 Wratislavia Cantans festival in Poland. With Jonathan Swain.

Wednesday 17 October
          A concert of music by Telemann with the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra, presented by Jonathan Swain.
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000r9j
          The second of these was previously broadcast earlier this year on 10th April (the entire six hours).

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
            The second of these was previously broadcast earlier this year on 10th April (the entire six hours).
            Jonathan Swain presents a concert of music by Telemann with the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra.

Music by Telemann with the Wroclaw Baroque Orchestra, presented by Jonathan Swain.

Comment

The Bach Dynasty: Friday 26 October

Vox Luminis perform motets from by members of the Bach family in Poland. With Jonathan Swain.
              Vox Luminis perform motets by the Bach family in Poland. With Jonathan Swain.

Repeat x many times (I think) but welcome as ever.

Comment

Monteverdi Vespers: Monday 12 Nevember

Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion at the BBC Proms 2017. Catriona Young presents.
                12:31 am
                Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643)
                Vespro della Beata Vergine
                Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion, Raphaël Pichon (Conductor), Giuseppina Bridelli (Mezzo Soprano), Eva Zaicik (Mezzo Soprano), Emiliano Gonzalez Toro (Tenor), Magnus Staveland (Tenor), Virgile Ancely (Bass), Renaud Bres (Bass), Olivier Coiffet (Tenor), Geoffroy Buffière (Bass)
                Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion performs Verdi at the 2017 BBC Proms. Catriona Young presents.

According to the schedule page, the ensemble performs Verdi.

Comment

Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion at the BBC Proms 2017. Catriona Young presents.
                  12:31 am
                  Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643)
                  Vespro della Beata Vergine
                  Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion, Raphaël Pichon (Conductor), Giuseppina Bridelli (Mezzo Soprano), Eva Zaicik (Mezzo Soprano), Emiliano Gonzalez Toro (Tenor), Magnus Staveland (Tenor), Virgile Ancely (Bass), Renaud Bres (Bass), Olivier Coiffet (Tenor), Geoffroy Buffière (Bass)
                  Ensemble Baroque Pygmalion performs Verdi at the 2017 BBC Proms. Catriona Young presents.

According to the schedule page, the ensemble performs Verdi.
                  The full Monte is much preferred here!

Comment

This was an excellent prom and is very good to hear it again.

Comment

Handel vs Porpora Tuesday 20 November

Les Musiciens du Louvre and mezzo-soprano Vivica Genaux. Catriona Young presents.
                      Catriona Young presents Les Musiciens du Louvre and mezzo Vivica Genaux.

Early music revival of the 1900s: Wednesaday 21 November

Recreation of a Riccardo Vines Piano recital. With Catriona Young.
                      Antonio de Cabezón (c1510-1566)
                      Juan Moreno (1711-1776)
                      William Byrd (1538-1623)
                      John Bull (c.1562-1628)
                      ...and more
                      Miquel Villalba (Piano)

Does anyone know what the title refers or implies to?

Comment

Friday 16 November

Early music from Poland, performed by Paolo Pandolfo, Thomas Boysen and Alvaro Garrido. Catriona Young presents.

Giovanni Battista Vitali (1632-1692)
                        Antonio Valente (1520-1581)
                        Diego Ortiz (c.1510-1570)
                        ...and more

Comment

Does anyone know what the title refers or implies to?
                          I'm inferring that Vines (in addition to his work promoting the Music of his contemporaries) was also an advocate for "Early Music" (at a time when this was unusual) and that Miquel Villalba is replicating one of his recitals.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            I'm inferring that Vines (in addition to his work promoting the Music of his contemporaries) was also an advocate for "Early Music" (at a time when this was unusual) and that Miquel Villalba is replicating one of his recitals.
                            Thank you! I should have checked who Riccardo Vines was. I suppose this recital is a HIP in one sense.

Comment

Thank you! I should have checked who Riccardo Vines was. I suppose this recital is a HIP in one sense.
                              Yes he could have been legging it!

If I remember correctly , Riccardo Vines was a friend and associate of Debussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                Yes he could have been legging it!

If I remember correctly , Riccardo Vines was a friend and associate of Debussy.
                                ... yes : and señor Viñes was Spanish (Ricardo) rather than Italian (Riccardo) -

Comment

Working...
                                X