• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 30 June

03:01 AM
    Heinrich Schutz (1585-1672)
    Matthaus-Passion (SWV.479)
    Paul Elliott (tenor), Paul Hillier (bass), Hilliard Ensemble, Paul Hillier (director)
    Beethoven's String Quartets 1 and 8, part of the Casals Quartet anniversary celebrations.

Comment

Countertenor collection Monday 1st July

Andreas Scholl in a recital of English songs of the Renaissance. With Jonathan Swain.
      ...plus
      Gerard Lesne, James Bowman, Alex Potter, Robin Blaze.

Two hours in all. Anybody brave enough (I like countertenor).

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
        Andreas Scholl in a recital of English songs of the Renaissance. With Jonathan Swain.
        ...plus
        Gerard Lesne, James Bowman, Alex Potter, Robin Blaze.

Two hours in all. Anybody brave enough (I like countertenor).
        One two three four five six seven eight nine tenor.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          One two three four five six seven eight nine tenor.
          I lost the count

...but I found the second half very enjoyable and this was particularly interesting.
          01:59 AM
          Nicolaus Bruhns (1665-1697)
          Ich liege und schlaffe
          James Bowman (countertenor), Greta de Reyghere (soprano), Guy de Mey (tenor), Max van Egmond (bass), Ricercar Consort

Comment

Tuesday 16 July

Renaissance Choral Music

Ludwig Senfl Mass performed by Cantorum Basiliensis Vocal. John Shea presents.

Comment

23.7.19 Beautifully performed Victoria mass, and some lesser-known pieces.

Tenebrae at Torroella Festival performing the magnificent Officium defunctorum by Tomás Luis de Victoria and Joan Cererols’ Missa de batalla. Catriona Young presents.

12:31 AM
              Joan Cererols (1618-1676)
              Salve Regina
              Tenebrae, Nigel Short (conductor), Eva del Campo (positive organ)

Missa de Batalla (Battle Mass)

Tomas Luis de Victoria (1548-1611)
              Officium Defunctorum. Missa pro Defunctis (1605)
              Tenebrae, Nigel Short (conductor), Xavier Puertas (double bass), Eva del Campo (positive organ)

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                23.7.19 Beautifully performed Victoria mass, and some lesser-known pieces.

Tenebrae at Torroella Festival performing the magnificent Officium defunctorum by Tomás Luis de Victoria and Joan Cererols’ Missa de batalla. Catriona Young presents.

12:31 AM
                Salve Regina

Missa de Batalla (Battle Mass)

Tomas Luis de Victoria (1548-1611)
                Officium Defunctorum. Missa pro Defunctis (1605)
                Tenebrae, Nigel Short (conductor), Xavier Puertas (double bass), Eva del Campo (positive organ)
                Many thanks for posting this. I am listening to Cererols’s Salve Regina. Absolutely wonderful.

Comment

Thursday 25th July

Catriona Young presents United Continuo Ensemble's concert devoted to the music of Andrea Falconieri.

A repeat but very enjoyable one.

Comment

Monday 5th August

A diamond pin in a golden hay stack

04:45 AM
                    George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
                    Ah! che troppo inequali Italian cantata HWV 230
                    Maria Keohane (soprano), European Baroque Orchestra, Lars Ulrik Mortensen (conductor)

followed by

04:56 AM
                    Jean-Baptiste Arban (1825-1889)
                    Le Carnaval de Venise
                    Vilem Hofbauer (trumpet), Miroslava Trnkova (piano)

05:04 AM
                    Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach (1714-1788)
                    Concerto for harpsichord, fortepiano and orchestra (Wq.47) in E flat major
                    Michel Eberth (harpsichord), Wolfgang Brunner (pianoforte), Slovenicum Chamber Orchestra, Uros Lajovic (conductor)
                    Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Comment

Did anyone else hear the Salve Regina for a capella choir by Hacomplaynte this morning? Going by the general sound and heavily syncopated interlocking lines, coupled with the unknown name, I immediately assumed it must be one of the Dutch composers of the late 15th/early 16th centuries. He took some finding, there being several spellings of his name, and I got the era correct, but Wiki told me it was in fact by one of our's, and this was the only known work of his to be performed!

Comment

Included in the sublime EtonChoirbook collection, and available on this disc, sung by CCCCO, directed by Stephen Darlington:

I missed the broadcast this morning - it's gone onto the "catchup" list. Many thanks, S_A

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Included in the sublime EtonChoirbook collection, and available on this disc, sung by CCCCO, directed by Stephen Darlington:

I missed the broadcast this morning - it's gone onto the "catchup" list. Many thanks, S_A

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hacomblen
                            05:54 AM
                            Robert Hacomplaynt (c.1455-1528)
                            Salve Regina (a 5)
                            BBC Singers, Stephen Cleobury (conductor)
                            Sao Paulo State Orchestra play Franck, Saint-Saens and Dukas. John Shea presents.

Comment

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Saturday 7 September.

I very much enjoyed this

03:01 AM
                                Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
                                Magnificat RV 610/RV 611
                                Lydia Teuscher (soprano), Maria Espada (soprano), Marie-Claude Chappuis (mezzo soprano), Florian Boesch (baritone), Bavarian Radio Choir, Peter Dijkstra (director), Il Giardino Armonico, Giovanni Antonini (conductor)
                                Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Comment

Working...
                                X