• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

New 55 minute EMS podcast

Instead of that rather unsatisfactory 14 - 17minute long EMS podcast, shorn of much of its music, suddenly this has downloaded to my iTunes:

A-Z of Early Music (Part 1) 21 May 05
    Mon, 26 Mar 12
    Duration: 55 mins
    A whistle-stop tour of the alphabet according to Early Music, presented by Lucie Skeaping, Andrew Manze and Catherine Bott. In Part 1, the letters A-M.

It looks from the "05" reference that this is suddenly and rather randomly making available a programme from 7 years ago... perhaps as some sort of compensation for the absence of EMS from the schedules at the moment.

Odd, though. Anyone remember the show in 05?
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

• french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Anyone remember the show in 05?
    This is the playlist. It looks like a very crowded programme!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Is this it?
      1/2. A whistle-stop tour of the alphabet according to Early Music, starting with the letters A-M.

Another odd thing. Early Music Show has disappeared from the Programme site…

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

It's the WRONG EMS

This is EMS

and this is wonderful

nothing wrong with early music at all

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
          Another odd thing. Early Music Show has disappeared from the Programme site…
          I noticed that too. I think that might be because there hasn't been a programme this week. The programme list seems to regenerate when a new programme is added and drop the programme when there isn't anything to add. (If that's clear. And may be wrong anyway. But I have noticed something it before)
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
          X