Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Music Radio

I think EMR a non-stop stream of all sorts, without announcements, but worth a listen.

Here's Musicweb's write-up.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

ff
    Thank you. This is great!!! Three cheers for Steve Foulds.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
      Thank you. This is great!!! Three cheers for Steve Foulds.
      This is what he says on his Rough Guide:

"The Future

Automation! That is, a piece of software that allows the broadcast to sound like a regular radio station.

Whilst I love the concept of back-to-back music, I believe the listener should be informed as well as entertained. Therefore, rather than having to sit in front of a microphone 24/7, announcements, introductions, station signature tunes etc can all be pre-recorded by me and then subsequently ‘slotted’ into the play list using a pre-defined format – cunning eh!

It will also allow me flexibility for ‘special’ programmes featuring specific artists/genre/time periods to be easily scheduled into the standard play list – even more cunning eh, eh! "
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thanks ff,

I shall give it a whirl after I have caught up with a few programmes.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          This is what he says on his Rough Guide:

"The Future

Automation! That is, a piece of software that allows the broadcast to sound like a regular radio station.

Whilst I love the concept of back-to-back music, I believe the listener should be informed as well as entertained. Therefore, rather than having to sit in front of a microphone 24/7, announcements, introductions, station signature tunes etc can all be pre-recorded by me and then subsequently ‘slotted’ into the play list using a pre-defined format – cunning eh!

It will also allow me flexibility for ‘special’ programmes featuring specific artists/genre/time periods to be easily scheduled into the standard play list – even more cunning eh, eh! "
          Umm - isn't that what some people disliked about the Mozart fest concept - that it could do away with live presenters, & just be a pre-recorded stream of music and announcements?

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            Umm - isn't that what some people disliked about the Mozart fest concept - that it could do away with live presenters, & just be a pre-recorded stream of music and announcements?
            At the moment he doesn't have any announcements, but if you're sitting at your computer there are some details of what's Now Playing. I caught a Shakespeare sonnet too a short time ago. As a 'one-man band' it will probably have to have something like the TTN arrangement, and will allow for a bit of 'educational' content to be included. At the moment it no doubt suits those who want minimal - or, in this case, no - information between works.

Comment

I am playing EMR through my Squeezebox into my main Hi Fi System in the lounge and enjoying the selection of music,especially as the name of each item is displayed on the Squeezebox screen. Many thanks Steve Foulds.

Comment

Working...
              X