No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlights from EM Summer Festivals

Saturday
    Catherine Bott tries to bring some sunshine back into our lives as begins a weekend of Early Music Shows featuring highlights of some of last summer's early music festivals. Today, she introduces highlights of the Summer Festivities of Early Music in Prague. Featuring music by Telemann, Marcabru and José Mauricio performed by ensembles including Akademie für Alte Musik, Berlin, Forma Antiqua and the Unicorn Ensemble

Sunday
    Catherine Bott tries to bring some sunshine back into our lives as she continues her weekend of highlights of last year's summer early music festivals. Today she introduces highlights of the Oude Muziek festival in Utrecht. Featuring music by Kuhnau, Scheidt and Bach performed by ensembles including Il Gardellino, Bach Collegium Japan and Skip Sempe's Cappriccio Stravagante.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pyfqz

Plenty of unfamiliar (to me) composers, which is always welcome.

CD Review:
    ..begins with Vivaldi and ends with Bach
    With Andrew McGregor. Including Building a Library: Faure: Cello Sonata No 2.

Bach: See Caliban's Early Music on CD Review thread.

Reminder.

Bach Cantata starts soon (1135) on R3.

Comment

Has anyone been to the Summer Festivities of Early Music in Prague, (featured today on the EMS)? I haven't been to Prague and this seems like a wonderful opportunity to do so. I can find only 'unconfirmed' dates online of 19 July - 6 August.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
        Has anyone been to the Summer Festivities of Early Music in Prague, (featured today on the EMS)? I haven't been to Prague and this seems like a wonderful opportunity to do so. I can find only 'unconfirmed' dates online of 19 July - 6 August.
        I checked the Czech version of the website and it doesn't give any future dates - it just says "We are looking forward to meeting you in 2013". I suspect 19 July - 6 August are last year's dates.

Comment

Working...
        X