No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handel Bad Guys

Dear Moderator
    If using the CD title as a thread title is not a good thing, please change it to something appropriate.

That said, this (Xavier Sabata sings Handel’s arias)
    looks
    The album reminds us that Handel characterises evil with the same complexity with which he depicts good. It forms a superb showcase for an exceptional singer, says Tim Ashley

..and sounds

very good indeed.

Another Handel’s bad guy, also sung by Xavier Sabata (not in the CD), is priceless (to me)
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(from 1.06)
    The Sabata character tells the Princess if she loves him, he will bring her the head of that Faramondo, to which the Princess spits an aria at him that if he ever does such a thing, it will be his head she will want. Then the Sabata character sings this absolutely soppy aria.

As for the new CD, we’ll see if Andrew will pick up for CD Review.

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
    Dear Moderator
    If using the CD title as a thread title is not a good thing, please change it to something appropriate.
    If you mean me, that's fine.

Comment

Those bad guys Saul and Belshazzar are coming up in Saturday's Early Music show which is all about Jennens (exhibition at Handel House Museum very well done, runs till April).

Comment

There ought to be a follow-up CD, Handel's Bad Girls (or should that be "Dolls"?). There must be a few of them (e.g. Alcina, Armida)....

Comment

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
          There ought to be a follow-up CD, Handel's Bad Girls (or should that be "Dolls"?). There must be a few of them (e.g. Alcina, Armida)....
          Equal Opportunities oblige...
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
          X