• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Brighton Early Music Festival "Club Night"

Lucie Skeaping introduces music from the Brighton Early Music Festival "Club Night": "Later From Brighton".
    A host of young musicians give an informal evening of music from the Renaissance to the 19th Century.
    The pick of BrEMF's "New Generation Artists" come together for an informal evening of music from the Renaissance to the 19th Century in the spectacular setting of Brighton's St Bartholomew's Church. […]
    Performers include the Little Baroque Company (baroque chamber group), Il Nuovo Chiaroscuro (sackbut quartet), I Flautisti (recorder quartet), plus Alison Kinder (bass viol), and singers Esther Brazil and Greg Skidmore, and the evening is compered by recorder player Piers Adams.

• Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
    Lucie Skeaping introduces music from the Brighton Early Music Festival "Club Night": "Later From Brighton".
    A host of young musicians give an informal evening of music from the Renaissance to the 19th Century.
    The pick of BrEMF's "New Generation Artists" come together for an informal evening of music from the Renaissance to the 19th Century in the spectacular setting of Brighton's St Bartholomew's Church. […]
    Performers include the Little Baroque Company (baroque chamber group), Il Nuovo Chiaroscuro (sackbut quartet), I Flautisti (recorder quartet), plus Alison Kinder (bass viol), and singers Esther Brazil and Greg Skidmore, and the evening is compered by recorder player Piers Adams.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03g2r5b
    Wot no samples?

Comment

• edashtav
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Wot no samples?
      Not a sample in sight, but what an ample acoustic: one to die for.

Did the St James' Bible say of St. Bartholomew's in Brighton:

"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars."
      Last edited by edashtav; 03-11-13, 16:53. Reason: typo

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Alas I was interrupted shortly after Dowland's 'In Darkness let me dwell' which I thought was lovely. Indeed the acoustics did the sackbutts proud...and I look forward to hearing the rest on i-player. (I know quite a few things Brighton is famous for, but hadn't realised Early Music was one of them.)

Comment

• Mattbod

A real treat in a fabulous accoustic. I must visit that church when I am next in Brighton and blag a go on the organ. Off topic but it is my style of churchmanship as well: high all the way!

Comment

Working...
          X