• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

C.P.E. Bach: Mahan Esfahani

This looks good.

Hyperion is delighted to present the debut recording of the wonderful young harpsichordist Mahan Esfahani. He was the first harpsichordist to be named a BBC New Generation Artist or to be awarded a fellowship prize by the Borletti-Buitoni Trust.
    Here Mahan Esfahani has recorded CPE Bach’s six ‘Württemberg’ sonatas, which were written in 1742–3 and published in 1744, and his thrillingly intense performances make the best possible case for this dramatic, beautifully written, endlessly imaginative but for some reason under-performed music […]

CPE Bach: Württemberg Sonatas. Hyperion: CDA67995. Buy CD or download online. Mahan Esfahani (harpsichord)

Scheduled for release on 6 January 2014
  • amateur51

Greatly looking forward to this release.;ok:

Shortly after this release date, OAE, Esfahani & Danny Driver continue their championing of CPE Bach with this concert at London's QE Hall

Should be quite an evening

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Indeed, looks like a great programme - in all my years of concert-going in London, I don't think I can ever recall the harpsichord and fortepiano double concerto being performed. It is a wonderful piece, the slow movement evoking a rather nostalgic feeling as the harpsichord gradually gives up its place in time to the newer fortepiano. I first heard it in the classic old Leonhardt recording and it has haunted me ever since.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        Indeed, looks like a great programme - in all my years of concert-going in London, I don't think I can ever recall the harpsichord and fortepiano double concerto being performed. It is a wonderful piece, the slow movement evoking a rather nostalgic feeling as the harpsichord gradually gives up its place in time to the newer fortepiano. I first heard it in the classic old Leonhardt recording and it has haunted me ever since.
        Tickets are still available but then it is a way off

Comment

• Mattbod

I will try to get to this or, if not, buy the CD. I have heard Esfahani a lot on the EMS but don't own any recording of his. He seems not only a gifted player but an eloquent exponent of his instrument as well so this should be a treat.

Comment

Working...
          X