No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSO- Mälkki​ Conducts Wagner-Mahler-Lieberman

Program: Wagner Prelude Act I
    Lieberman Flute Concerto #2 (Stefan Hoskuldsson,fl)
    Mahler Four Ying Fang, soprano

Great concert. The Wagner was a glorious display of chromaticism. The Mahler was just a bit tentative at the outset but soon found its stride. Great playing by the concertmaster Robert Chen and the orchestra. The soprano was innocent sounding but had some difficulty projecting above the Orchestra, which usually seems to be the case in concert for the kind of voice Mahler requested (recordings can compensate). The Lieberman was a CSO commission for the principal flautist. It was user friendly without particular distinction.

My wife was annoyed when she was Googling Ying Fang and the first thing that she encountered was my above post. “It’s bad enough that I have to listen to you at home, but when I go on line..”

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      My wife was annoyed when she was Googling Ying Fang and the first thing that she encountered was my above post. “It’s bad enough that I have to listen to you at home, but when I go on line..”
      Yes, it happens!
      Damn forum knowalls!

I assume the conductor was Susanna Mälkki​ ?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Yes, it happens!
        Damn forum knowalls!

I assume the conductor was Susanna Mälkki​ ?
        Yes. She is absolutely first rate, I was just listening to some of her Sibelius

Comment

Working...
        X