Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At home with Sibelius

Some news here of a fascinating looking book for all Sibelians and some interesting links to other Sibelius related articles- (just click on any highlighted text.) And at the bottom another link to some fascinating home movie footage of the great man.

The Arts Desk’s team of professional critics offer unrivalled review coverage, in-depth interviews and features on popular music, classical, art, theatre, comedy, opera, comedy and dance. Dedicated art form pages, readers’ comments, What’s On and our user-friendly theatre and film recommendations
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Hello Mr. Pee, I bought this splendid book when it was announced at the 2010 Lahti Sibelius Festival (a magnificent event by any standards). It is absolutely first class. I was also at the launching of Andrew Barnett's outstanding book on Sibelius back in 2007.
    As a complete 'nut case' I now have fifty-six recordings of Sibelius's 2nd Symphony!

Sincerely, John J. Davis, Newton Abbot, Devon. UK. (KCII)

Comment

I thought this one might attract you, KCII

By the way, when I registered you I added your details as a signature (appears every time without you having to write it in).
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Many thanks for the link to that fascinating film

We have much to thank the long suffering Aino for!

Comment

Oh it's about the composer. Now where I spend much of my online time such a topic heading would have been about notation software.

Comment

Working...
          X