Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant Britten from James Ehnes

My admiration for James Ehnes knows no bounds! I found his performance of the Britten concerto this afternoon absolutely spellbinding. He was more than equal to the technical demands of the work - it is a VERY demanding piece - and had plenty in reserve to produce a beautiful tone throughout. Fine playing, too, from the BBCSSO and Donald Runnicles.
    Last edited by Guest; 30-11-10, 18:02. Reason: Donald, not James, Runnicles (whoops!)

James Runnicles - any relation to Ronald? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
      James Runnicles - any relation to Ronald? ;-)
      Or even his brother Donald...

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
        My admiration for James Ehnes knows no bounds! I found his performance of the Britten concerto this afternoon absolutely spellbinding. He was more than equal to the technical demands of the work - it is a VERY demanding piece - and had plenty in reserve to produce a beautiful tone throughout. Fine playing, too, from the BBCSSO and Donald Runnicles.
        Yes, it was pretty good, and it sounds unplayable in places. I'm not sure about the concerto, I'm a great Britten fan but don't really know this work, and I'm not totally sure about it. It does have some wonderful moments though.

Comment

Really quite a fantastic performance of the Britten. I like James Ehnes too. Did anyoine hyear the brass band composition in the Awards preview after? Performed by the Leyland Band.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
          X