• doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Opera Matinee: Monteverdi's L'Orfeo: Thursday 16 November

Cappella Mediterranea
    Leonardo García Alarcón (conductor

Libretto with an English translation
    file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Music/L'Orfeo.pdf

Host: If this should be on the Night at the Opera, please move it (or the Early Music).
    Last edited by doversoul1; 16-11-18, 21:01.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
    Host: If this should be on the Night at the Opera, please move it (or the Early Music).
    Hmmm - perhaps there should be an "An Afternoon at the Opera" Thread for these Thursday afternoon broadcasts?

It was an excellent performance, and I recommend interested Forumistas who missed it to make a visit to the Radio i-Player (I'm not calling it bloomin' "Sounds"! ) - where they will join some of us who did hear it listening again.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Thing is, there were some great, er, sounds. Seemed a bit earthy , in a good way, from what I could discern above the road nois.

All a bit hazy though, as I was driving back down the M4 from the Swansea area at the time, and developing a small but irritating head cold as I went, so some of it went in one ear, and out of the other, but a bit mufffled.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I’ll have to catch up on this! I sometimes wonder now, where I had the time for my job!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
        X