X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

BBCSO/Leleux/Brauss

Tucked away at the end of a Mahler/Shostakovich programme from the Edinburgh festival which I did not hear was a programme recorded in Maida Vale comprising Greig and Faure conducted by M.Leleux who plainly knows his craft and a pianist Elisabeth Brauss from the NGA scheme,neither of whom I'd heard before. The programme was the Greig pf.conc. and Peer Gynt excerpts although unusually coupled with Faure's Peleas incidental music - relatively rarely performed. Well, we all take our delights differently but these were I think wholly exceptional performances by orchestra and pianist. I do hope the combination of orchestra, conductor and this pianist appear at the Proms.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

M. François Leleux is a very fine oboist as well as a conductor, and his wife is Lisa Batiashvili. I'd love to hear them play the Bach oboe/violin concerto - which I think they do from time to time. Anyone who gets a chance to hear him play the oboe should grab it, in case he decides to store it in its case for ever.

Comment

Working...
    X