Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enthusiastic presenters

Garbage spoken by presenters - Proms, Knussen - Frank Bridge, There is a willow grows aslant a brook.

Presenter: "Literally plunges us into the streaming brook" - or words very close to that.

I'm still shaking off the water.

I haven't listened to this particular Prom, yet. I have a friend who leads a band entitled Still Waters. I would think that a description more befitting of the Bridge piece than that of the presenter you quote.

S-A

Comment

They (the presenters) need to get a life, and venture outside of the studios, where they will be confronted with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Garbage spoken by presenters - Proms, Knussen - Frank Bridge, There is a willow grows aslant a brook.

Presenter: "Literally plunges us into the streaming brook" - or words very close to that.

Hence the frequent (and justified) references on this Forum to gushy presenters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post

Could only be the one and (thank god) only Katie D.

Comment

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
            Could only be the one and (thank god) only Katie D.
            Best to never let the facts get in the way of your preconceived ideas Panjandrum .

The lovely Katie is indeed enthusiastic but didn't present Friday's Prom, which is the one Dave2002 appears to be talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
              Hence the frequent (and justified) references on this Forum to gushy presenters.
              ... given to spouting off

Comment

Originally posted by Word View Post
                Best to never let the facts get in the way of your preconceived ideas Panjandrum .

The lovely Katie is indeed enthusiastic but didn't present Friday's Prom, which is the one Dave2002 appears to be talking about.
                Wasn't it PT today? Repeat from last week.

Comment

The lovely Katie
                  I thought KD was excellent on Prom 21, Strauss/Walton/Prokofiev. Very informative, asked Midori pertinent questions and let her chunter away without interruption.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    I thought KD was excellent on Prom 21, Strauss/Walton/Prokofiev. Very informative, asked Midori pertinent questions and let her chunter away without interruption.
                    I agree! Katie is an excellent presenter and is very easy on the eye for red-blooded males, though not sure of her appeal to lesbians; Zeb Soans seems to tick all the boxes for 'straight' women and gay men, so it's pretty much even stevens. I think Zeb is an excellent presenter, enthusiastic but not gushing, and very knowledgeable about his subject without being a smart-arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
                      I agree! Katie is an excellent presenter and is very easy on the eye for red-blooded males, though not sure of her appeal to lesbians; Zeb Soans seems to tick all the boxes for 'straight' women and gay men, so it's pretty much even stevens.
                      Eh?

Comment

There such a wealth of musical knowledge and enthusiasm between many of the posters this board (myself definitely NOT included in the knowledge category), that I seriously wonder whether some of you would surely do a better job of presenting the proms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
                          I agree! Katie is an excellent presenter and is very easy on the eye for red-blooded males, though not sure of her appeal to lesbians;
                          Me neither, but I do know she sends all the foot fetishists into a tizzy when she dangles her shoe. Don't forget to read all the Youtube comments--creepertastic! And there's the matter of a certain photo from the Guardian last February of someone who could definitely be the next myfriendsfeet sock enthusiast poster boy. I mean seriously now. Check out the arches on that guy--yow!!! So between the two of them, I'd say Radio 3 has an entirely new "community of interest" covered, wouldn't you?

OR: Your comments are inappropriate and offend me.

There such a wealth of musical knowledge and enthusiasm between many of the posters this board (myself definitely NOT included in the knowledge category), that I seriously wonder whether some of you would surely do a better job of presenting the proms.
                          Yeah, because we all know a bunch of introverts mumbling into a microphone makes for great television. The ideal medium for them, really.

Comment

Well Cavatina, I do appreciate a friendly foot so I must thank you for that remarkable link. A quite breathtaking panoply of footwear and toes in their marvellous diversity.

Perhaps the BBC proms marketers could set up a similar site with conductors?

Sir Simon's socks - for example

It would go viral. (The site that is...not the feet.)

Anyway - I don't know what was decorating their tootsies but Ian Skelly, Rob Cowan, Donald Macleod to my ears do a good job. Indeed PT isn't that bad imho. And the broadcast Knussen concert which included the Frank Bridge was imho enjoyable.

Best Wishes,

Tevot

Comment

Is it time this thread was amputated - or at least for certain contributors to be politely asked to put a sock in it?

Comment

Working...
                              X