• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

My Next Concert

i do not know if it is ok to puff gigs, but may i try one simply because i am a fan? i would hope that others might have a similar inclination for local events that are well off the national radar ...

Next Saturday Martin Roscoe, among other performers, is at Stamford Arts Centre in Lincolnshire [just off A1]

Liszt in his whirlwind tour actually played in the old Assembly Rooms - now the Arts centre - and maestro Roscoe is seeking to recreate the excitement and fireworks of the great virtuoso

...in the event a truly wonderful evening though not as i first understood it ... three performers; delighful Francois & Green playing four handers with great wit and style, Martin Roscoe cannily playing the expressive pieces and displaying his priceless ability to connect with the audience .... and Ashley Wass, a complete surprise and revelation - his account of the last movements of Liszt's transcription of LvB 6th Symphony and three pieces by Liszt were utterly stunning virtuosic performances ... i am off to get some of his recordings of British music]
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 21-08-11, 12:30.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

I will be breaking my nominally 12 day holiday in south Devon to head back to London for a concert of John White Piano Sonatas played by Dave Smith (a sometime contributor to various Radio 3 associated message boards, though not under his given name). The concert is due to start at 6.30 pm on Thursday 8th September at the Schott Recital Room, Great Marlborough Street.

Comment

Working...
    X