Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Messiaen's Sermon to the Birds" R3 In Concert 13th April 2023

A bit of a mess was made of both presentation and subsequent listing of "Music Played" during the interval: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001kpk8

Takemitsu's Rain Gree Sketch II and Jolas's Chanson d'Approche were played back without a break and the latter was played by Roderick Chadwick, not composed by him, as wrongly listed in the "Music Played" section. The Takemitsu lasts 4'38" in this performance (in case anyone is unfamiliar with the work and wondered where the Jolas began).

[Regarding errors, could a Host kindly correct the errant capitalisation of the "O" in "COncert" in the thread title, please?]
    Last edited by Bryn; 15-04-23, 09:15.

Sorry to see this programme seems to have rattled your cage, Bryn

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      Sorry to see this programme seems to have rattled your cage, Bryn
      The musical content of the broadcast suited me just fine. It's the lack of attention to presentation, both verbal and in subsequent "Music Played" listing that I think deserved to be mentioned. Anyone not familiar with the works by Takemitsu and Jolas may well have found the interval music somewhat confusing to follow. Waking in the middle of the night and finding something to do before attempting to return to sleep, I thought I would check out the Jolas, only to find the situation I did. My response included more typos than even I usually manage to produce, as a result of the hour and attendant bleariness.

Here's the aac edit of the relevant section. The link will remain active for 7 days: https://we.tl/t-R14aAZWOWF?utm_campa...trk=TRN_TDL_05
      Last edited by Bryn; 15-04-23, 09:53. Reason: Link to edit, added.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        The musical content of the broadcast suited me just fine. It's the lack of attention to presentation, both verbal and in subsequent "Music Played" listing that I think deserved to be mentioned. Anyone not familiar with the works by Takemitsu and Jolas may well have found the interval music somewhat confusing to follow. Waking in the middle of the night and finding something to do before attempting to return to sleep, I thought I would check out the Jolas, only to find the situation I did. My response included more typos than even I usually manage to produce, as a result of the hour and attendant bleariness.
        Been there: done that!
        I did a double take on the Rain Gree [Tree].

Comment

Working...
        X