Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming up on TTN

TTN tonight (Saturday morning, 4th December) looks to be a particularly user friendly one:

Susan Sharpe presents music including Ravel's one-act opera L'heure espagnole.

I recall hearing the performance of Stenhammar's Ithaka on TTN before, a striking piece. I immediately sought out a recording. I fear that Test Match Special will take precedence tonight.

I'm hoping that, one day, TTN broadcasts again the Giulini Falstaff from the 1963 Holland Festival, with Fernando Corena in the title role.
    Last edited by Il Grande Inquisitor; 03-12-10, 22:27.
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post
      I recall hearing the performance of Stenhammar's Ithaka on TTN before, a striking piece..
      It's approximately the 5th tiime Ithaka has been scheduled for TtN in the last two years I think. But - I agree fully with you IGI - it IS a striking piece.

Comment

TTN, unfortunately not on freeview!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          TTN, unfortunately not on freeview!!
          Really?! TTN = Through the Night, bbm, on Radio 3.
          Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post

Really?! TTN = Through the Night, bbm, on Radio 3.
            Sorry IGI!! I was confused.com
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
            X