Katherine Gregory, 21, sings the Four Last Songs of Richard Strauss (with piano)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katherine Gregory, 21, sings the Four Last Songs of Richard Strauss (with piano)

I’ll just leave this here if I may, even though this all-Richard Strauss recital was not broadcast by the BBC. However, Trinity College Music Society live stream all their concerts and the video recordings are permanently available via the TCMS web page or YouTube channel.

Katherine turned 21 on 31st May and is about to take a year out before applying to conservatoires at home and abroad (fishing for scholarships, particularly in the US, eg Curtis, Eastman, Indiana, etc).

The programme should soon be available on the TCMS web page, but I can supply it if it doesn’t emerge, which occasionally happens. Before the 4LS we heard Cäcilie, Zueignung, Die Nacht, Junghexenlied, Befreit, Morgen and the 3rd (Largo) of Fünf Klavierstücke Op.3 played by Madeleine Brown.
    https://www.tcms.org.uk/programmes.

I’m trying to be objective by saying that this young singer is worth hearing, or I wouldn’t be so bold as to encourage my fellow MB contributors to have a listen. An appreciative audience of around 75 had a rare treat in Trinity College Chapel last night.

Soprano Katherine Gregory and former TCMS Artistic Director Madeleine perform a recital of Strauss' vocal music, including his renowned 'Four Last Songs'Cäci...

Terrific performance K, one proud father!! I've sent two private messages to you this week for your eyes only; none seem to be getting through for some reason. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Working...
    X