X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Jota Aragonese anyone?

I hope some of my fellow boarders heard the scintillating account of Falla's second suite from The Three Cornered Hat tonight. Does something special happen to the BBCSO when they play in the Barbican? It was a wow and Mr Pons obviously knows what he's doing.
  • mikerotheatrenestr0y

I enjoyed the whole concert, especially the Nights in the Gardens of Spain with its sultry shimmer. BTW, why do you have to open up the sub-menu before you discover that you can hear Leonskaya afterwards? The unmentioned Schubert sonata [I've only heard Lupu do it slower] was a major performance, not just a filler!

Comment

• Peter Katin
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
      I hope some of my fellow boarders heard the scintillating account of Falla's second suite from The Three Cornered Hat tonight. Does something special happen to the BBCSO when they play in the Barbican? It was a wow and Mr Pons obviously knows what he's doing.
      Quite, quite electrifying. I wasn't expecting quite so much with the Ginastera (probably prejudiced by our Venezuela friends) but the Falla was beyond all comparison.

Comment

Working...
      X