X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slarty
    • May 2024

Berlioz Te Deum

Hi everyone. I am new on this site and look forward to many interesting posts.
    I have a request.

Does anyone know of the Third programme broadcast of the Berlioz Te Deum(not the Requiem) of 14 may 1966 from Westminster Abbey?
    It was part of the celebrations for the 900th anniversary of the Abbey.
    BBC Symphony Orchestra and Chorus
    Richard Lewis
    Antal Dorati.

I have a wonder quality broadcast which is missing the last couple of minutes.
    Does anyone else have this?

slarty
    Last edited by Guest; 13-05-13, 10:16. Reason: title mistake
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by slarty View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new on this site and look forward to many interesting posts.
    I have a request.

Does anyone know of the Third programme broadcast of the Berlioz Te Deum(not the Requiem) of 14 may 1966 from Westminster Abbey?
    It was part of the celebrations for the 900th anniversary of the Abbey.
    BBC Symphony Orchestra and Chorus
    Richard Lewis
    Antal Dorati.

I have a wonder quality broadcast which is missing the last couple of minutes.
    Does anyone else have this?

slarty
    Afternoon, slarty, and welcome. Well, you never know who's lurking here and fellow enthusiasts have all sorts of strange things ...

Sounds a long shot, but I suspect the BBC would be no help unless the whole thing has been relased on a commercial disc.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

a bit of the performance has found its way onto youtube, I don't know if that could be an avenue to explore
      From the "Te Deum" by Hector Berlioz, here is tenor Richard Lewis singing the prayer "Te ergo quaesumus" with the BBC forces under the direction of Antal Dor...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
        a bit of the performance has found its way onto youtube, I don't know if that could be an avenue to explore
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXiQLE2rDc
        Great spot, mercs! I imagine there's a way of contacting the account holder "Kado Guy" via Youtube, who may have a lead...
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• slarty

Thank you very much for that information Mercs.
          I will try and follow the trail and see if anything develops.
          slarty

Comment

Working...
          X