Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wigmore Hall 2013-14 Season

I've been looking through the programme for the future season (scroll down for the online brochure, but it is rather awkward I'm afraid) and there are some interesting works on/artists performing:

- Isabelle Faust performing ALL of Bach's solo partitas and sonatas in one sitting (3 hours + interval, still tickets available). I'd zone out after an hour, I fear.
    - Andras Schiff playing all of Bach's solo keyboard works (or so it seems). This already seems to have sold out.
    - Song recitals include Isokoski and Nina Stemme - no programmes available for either yet
    - I saw two Ferneyhough works listed - one was a quartet. Not that I'm a fan (I don't know his works) but I believe someone roundabouts is.

I'm also seeking some ticket advice for a piano recital there, as it's not a venue I know. There are tickets still available for four rows back from the stage - is this too close for a piano recital? How are the rear stalls and balcony for piano recitals? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Thropplenoggin; 01-06-13, 19:16.
    It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Finally, of course, Tpn, its really a subjective matter. Based on 30 + years attending the Wigmore Hall, and budgetary constraints with so many alternatives on offer in London, usually confined to the the the back four rows, preferably an an aisle seat on the side block- the the left hand side (facing the platform) - or the keyboard side of the piano - was ideal for the superb acoustic of the Hall, although I always steered clear of the balcony after one visit as I always sensed an invisible glass partition between me and the auditorium. The centre block of the Stalls is best avoided due to the alignment of the seats in front of you, although I gather this has been improved since of renovations of the 1990s. Overall, my favourite Hall and audience, anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
      Finally, of course, Tpn, its really a subjective matter. Based on 30 + years attending the Wigmore Hall, and budgetary constraints with so many alternatives on offer in London, usually confined to the the the back four rows, preferably an an aisle seat on the side block- the the left hand side (facing the platform) - or the keyboard side of the piano - was ideal for the superb acoustic of the Hall, although I always steered clear of the balcony after one visit as I always sensed an invisible glass partition between me and the auditorium. The centre block of the Stalls is best avoided due to the alignment of the seats in front of you, although I gather this has been improved since of renovations of the 1990s. Overall, my favourite Hall and audience, anywhere.
      Thanks, Stanley. That should prove very useful knowledge.
      It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
      X