Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryn Terfel at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Sunday 16th June

I'm looking forward to Sunday evening's concert with Bryn Terfel appearing at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester. I have grown to love his voice no matter what genre he sings in. I enjoyed it when I attended a production in Munich three years ago when he appeared in Wagner's The Flying Dutchman, I also like him in British Song and right through to Songs from the Shows.

My favourite is a lovely old video I made of 'The Marriage of Figaro' with Cecilia Bartoli,can't remember off hand but wonderful cast, including Ian Wallace as the gardener.

Must look itout, Bryn at his best imo.

Comment

He's to be Artist in Residence with the RLPO next season:

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
        He's to be Artist in Residence with the RLPO next season:

http://www.liverpoolphil.com/11997/c...residence.html
        Makes a lot of sense for both sides, his home & family being just a couple of hours away up the North Wales coast

Comment

I went to see him at the Bridgewater hall just after it opened. He didn't perform the advertised programme, and the audience totally ruined it by applauding wildly after every song in a Schubert song cycle in spite of him asking them repeatedly not to. It's one of only two concerts I've attended where I left at the interval.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile Consort View Post
            I went to see him at the Bridgewater hall just after it opened. He didn't perform the advertised programme, and the audience totally ruined it by applauding wildly after every song in a Schubert song cycle in spite of him asking them repeatedly not to. It's one of only two concerts I've attended where I left at the interval.

I'm beginning to be annoyed by the rush to applause after live performances of all works (symphonies, string quartets). I'd prefer a minute's reflection and then to be invited by either conductor or quartet to applaud. I have read that German audiences are more restrained.

--

Thread duty: I've just discovered Matthias Goerne in Schubert. A marvellous match.
            It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I felt Terfel was in quite excellent voice and his two women singers were pretty good too. He has such a warm personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                I felt Terfel was in quite excellent voice and his two women singers were pretty good too. He has such a warm personality.
                That's good to read, Stanfordian - many thanks for your report

Comment

Working...
                X