No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Grosvenor's lunchtime treat

Live from Wigmore Hall and on Radio 3 today (Monday 17 June 2013) at 13:00:

I've not heard Ben Grosvenor play a Beethoven piano sonata yet and he's chosen one of the largest early ones Op 4 in E flat no 7 so it should be intriguing and fascinating

Zounds, this boy can play!
    It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Live from Wigmore Hall and on Radio 3 today (Monday 17 June 2013) at 13:00:

I've not heard Ben Grosvenor play a Beethoven piano sonata yet and he's chosen one of the largest early ones Op 4 in E flat no 7 so it should be intriguing and fascinating
      Thanks for the heads up Ams. Will be recording er streaming it for later listening!

Comment

I hope you'll be lucky; earlier today, the Brodsky Quartet was still being streamed in error, and while BG's concert is now available, it's in LO-FI only. The HD feed is not working.

If the previous occasion when this happened is anything to go by, this won't get fixed. May I ask those who value the HD feed to please send in a report? Even if you don't value the HD feed, your help will be very welcome.

Thank you

under "No, can you help me?" It's a tedious process.

Comment

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
          Zounds, this boy can play!
          Oh yes he can.
          C'mon Ben,show us your Alkan.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Oh yes he can.
            C'mon Ben,show us your Alkan.
            He does seem to select very eccentric recital programmes, always unexpected (and seldom to my taste, e.g. Gershwin ) and often very challenging, so perhaps this is the wunderkind we have been waiting for to finally champion Alkan on the world's stage.

I must add, although he selects virtuoso pieces (Gaspard de la Nuit), and plays them as such, he also seems to bring out nuance, too. i.e. not just showboating (Lang Lang et al). A remarkable talent. Here the Bach and Beethoven from today - astonishing sensitivity from a 20 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
              I hope you'll be lucky; earlier today, the Brodsky Quartet was still being streamed in error, and while BG's concert is now available, it's in LO-FI only. The HD feed is not working.

If the previous occasion when this happened is anything to go by, this won't get fixed. May I ask those who value the HD feed to please send in a report? Even if you don't value the HD feed, your help will be very welcome.

Thank you

under "No, can you help me?" It's a tedious process.
              Either my filing a report had an effect, or thousands of you wrote in. If the latter, many thanks - it's just been fixed.

Comment

I heard him give an immaculate performance of the Schumann concerto a couple of weeks ago - both technically and musically. A delight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
                  I heard him give an immaculate performance of the Schumann concerto a couple of weeks ago - both technically and musically. A delight.
                  For once it's a case of do believe the hype.

Comment

Working...
                  X