Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great concert! With a quite sublime performance of the Beethoven concerto by Martha Argerich. My enjoyment of the Arvo Pärt was hindered by group of errant coughers and sneezers who seemed to noticeably unsettle the conductor Gabor Takács-Nagy. Funny how the noise makers managed to keep quiet during the Largo of the Beethoven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
      A great concert! With a quite sublime performance of the Beethoven concerto by Martha Argerich. My enjoyment of the Arvo Pärt was hindered by group of errant coughers and sneezers who seemed to noticeably unsettle the conductor Gabor Takács-Nagy. Funny how the noise makers managed to keep quiet during the Largo of the Beethoven.
      Yes it was noticeable how there was no coughing at all during the concerto but quite a bit in the other pieces. I quite enjoyed the Part - a composer whose works I am not all that impressed by generally.

What was the encore Stanfordian ? It is a piece I know so well but for some reason I cannot place it .

Comment

Even in the quieter moments in the RVW(in last night's Prom concert), especially towards the end of the last movement! How bad is that?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Even in the quieter moments in the RVW(in last night's Prom concert), especially towards the end of the last movement! How bad is that?
          The inability of some people to take a hanky or at least to put a hand over the mouth amazes me .

The fact that you could not hear a pin drop through Argerich's Beethoven 1 though shows how much coughing at concerts is not physical but psychological !

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Yes it was noticeable how there was no coughing at all during the concerto but quite a bit in the other pieces. I quite enjoyed the Part - a composer whose works I am not all that impressed by generally.

What was the encore Stanfordian ? It is a piece I know so well but for some reason I cannot place it .
            Sorry Barbirollians, I can't place the encore either. Any offers?
            Last edited by Stanfordian; 13-07-13, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
              The inability of some people to take a hanky or at least to put a hand over the mouth amazes me .

The fact that you could not hear a pin drop through Argerich's Beethoven 1 though shows how much coughing at concerts is not physical but psychological !
              This is exactly what i have been saying, Barbs, coughing at concerts is just pure psycological!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
              X