Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
    I agree, johnb. I don't see any problem with having "as live" concerts in the evening. The three EIF ones we heard this week were excellent, I thought. What I hate is having bits of concerts put together in a mixture as is happening more frequently with the lunchtime concert and Ao3.
    For me, a "live" concert is one which is presented to the listener exactly as he/she would have heard it if attending the concert in person. No editing. No retakes. No fiddling with what we in the BBC used to call the PasR (Programme as Recorded) so that the PasB (Programme as Broadcast) is identical to what was recorded at the time (the PasR) and nothing more (or less).

But as stated previously, the cost of attempting to broadcast "live" every evening cannot be considered viable, so the "live on 3" became a mixture of Wigmore Hall type recitals, String Trios, Vocal plus piano, etc. for at least 3 nights in the weekdays.

Not at all what we were expecting or hoping for.

It may well be that extending and seeking to popularise the prom season was as much for financial as for artistic reasons.

HS

Comment

Working...
    X