Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Finta Giardiniera at Glyndebourne

I am going to see this novel Mozart opera this Friday (18th). I have a spare standing ticket. Might anyone here be interested? It is a central standing position, close to row E in the Upper Circle, with an excellent view of the stage and excellent sound. There is a rail in front, and a sort of "perch" on which one can "sit". The ticket is just £20. If anyone is interested, could you send me a PM?

Ooh ' I so wish! I can't, alas, but I'm sure your PM box will become quite full after such a generous offer, David-G. Many thanks.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by David-G View Post
      I am going to see this novel Mozart opera this Friday (18th). I have a spare standing ticket. Might anyone here be interested? It is a central standing position, close to row E in the Upper Circle, with an excellent view of the stage and excellent sound. There is a rail in front, and a sort of "perch" on which one can "sit". The ticket is just £20. If anyone is interested, could you send me a PM?
      I loved it - contrary to many of our leading critics, ferney.

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
        I loved it - contrary to many of our leading critics, ferney.
        ???

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          ???
          Although they admired the singers and the playing of the OAE, several of them were sniffy about the production, which I thought was deeply joyful.

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
            Although they admired the singers and the playing of the OAE, several of them were sniffy about the production, which I thought was deeply joyful.
            Yes - I would really like to see it; sadly, prior commitments mean I am unable to dash to David's PM link saying "Yes, please." Great to have the opinion of someone who's seen it, veris.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Yes - I would really like to see it; sadly, prior commitments mean I am unable to dash to David's PM link saying "Yes, please." Great to have the opinion of someone who's seen it, veris.
              Thanks for your kind post, ferney. I realise that I should have addressed my first one to David-G, to whom best wishes for Friday.

Comment

This opera is also part of the Glyndebourne Tour this year, which may prove more convenient for some, and in some cases cheaper - http://glyndebourne.com/season/glyndebourne-tour-2014

For us we we have noticed that it's often cheaper to see the Tour productions at Glyndebourne, rather than at other venues. In recent years I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in the quality of performances between the Festival productions and those of the Tour - at least as they are staged at Glyndebourne itself.

Of course opportunities for picnicking in October may be considerably less likely or appealing than during the summer months, but it is possible to get decent seats at affordable prices.

I think some people younger than I might like the standing opportunity, but I don't think I'd like it. I really dislike those high up seats along the sides too - and I think I'd pay almost anything to avoid them.

Comment

Working...
                X