Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Widow – RCM Britten Theatre

We went last night to the Royal College of Music production of The Merry Widow and I recommend it highly: a beautiful production, excellent young voices (Danilo was outstanding) and a musical text that included no messing about with the score, extremely well conducted by Michael Rosewell. In short, a joyous evening in the theatre. There are performances tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. If you love this opera, my advice would be to grab a return for one or the other. A terrific show. All the right musical bits in there too (the Zauber der Häuslichkeit duet, the Cake-Walk etc. etc.) and none of the wrong ones (no phoney overture).

Originally posted by makropulos View Post
    We went last night to the Royal College of Music production of The Merry Widow and I recommend it highly: a beautiful production, excellent young voices (Danilo was outstanding) and a musical text that included no messing about with the score, extremely well conducted by Michael Rosewell. In short, a joyous evening in the theatre. There are performances tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. If you love this opera, my advice would be to grab a return for one or the other. A terrific show. All the right musical bits in there too (the Zauber der Häuslichkeit duet, the Cake-Walk etc. etc.) and none of the wrong ones (no phoney overture).
    Looks like two more performances on hand:
    1. Tonight
    2. Tomorrow night

It sounds as though this production uses a full orchestra, or at least an orchestra of some size. Is that the case?

Comment

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post

Looks like two more performances on hand:
      1. Tonight
      2. Tomorrow night

It sounds as though this production uses a full orchestra, or at least an orchestra of some size. Is that the case?
      Yes - full orchestra (and very good too).

Comment

Working...
      X