Parsifal, Cond. Ticciati, LPO

Le nozze di Figaro, Cond. Riccardo Minasi, OAE

and four revivals:

Il barbiere di Siviglia, Cond. Rory Macdonald, LPO

Saul, Cond. Jonathan Cohen, OAE

Falstaff, Cond. Sian Edwards, LPO

Káťa Kabanová, Cond. Ticciati, LPO

More details here:

https://www.glyndebourne.com/festival/festival-2025-announcement/?utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign= y24-19-aMEMBERSAnnouncingF25-07.05.24&utm_content=version_A&sourceNumber=95283

Parsifal completes the Wagner works that can be realistically staged at Glyndebourne, given its size, and is an exciting prospect. Ticciati is conducting Tristan in this year’s festival; his previous conducting of it in semi-staged performances following the partial lifting of Covid restrictions, was electrifying. Tempted to see Saul again, which is a spectacular and successful staging of the oratorio.
  • Prommer
    • Dec 2010

Yes, it was the best thing Ticciati has done, I reckon. Which was not what I was expecting!

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
      • Jan 2014

Love the production of Tristan, going twice so good to hear they should be good performances! (I was in a quandary about Ticciati's Wreckers - was he being faithful to a pretty poor conception (I really didn't have much good to say about it). Or, if he had tried to "shape" the material to make more if it - or mediate - that which had been written, he wasn't as far as I am concerned successful).

I really took to the wartime (1940's - cabbages growing on the front lawn of the villa) setting of Falstaff - everything seemed clear as to the characters and it worked very well. Good to remember the sterling work of the chorus in Saul - I'd be happy to see it again.

After Meistersinger and Tristan, Parsifal will be a must - hoping the production comes up well. And the Janacek would ordinarily be a draw - but I may well have to limit my visits. I do find the extended intervals and associated flim-flam a bit tedious.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
        And the Janacek would ordinarily be a draw - but I may well have to limit my visits. I do find the extended intervals and associated flim-flam a bit tedious.
        Many people find the extended intervals and flim flam something they really enjoy. Really depends on the weather - though it is quite often good enough in the summer. Complements the music nicely.

Comment

Working...
        X