Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayreuth 2020

Details are now out of what German media are doing in the absence of live performances at Bayreuth this year. There are showings of the Boulez/Chereau Ring, the Barenboim/Kupfer Ring, an apparently unbroadcast Castoff/Petrenko Ring on BR4K, and broadcasts of the 1952 Karajan Tristan and the 1958 Lohengrin. Live from Bayreuth itself on 25th July is a concert with Thielemann conducting and featuring Camilla Nylund and Klaus Florian Vogt (in what, I don`t yet know).

Thx. Decent prog.

Comment

Thanks for that. Full programme listing on Bavarian Radio site.

[Gurnemanz comments: Was! Kein Parsifal!]

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        [Gurnemanz comments: Was! Kein Parsifal!]
        O wehe, des höchsten Schmerzentags!

The Boulez/Chéreau Ring is the only one of those I've seen (on a screen I mean) and I imagine anything directed by Castorf is going to be awful, but does anyone here know what the Barenboim/Kupfer one looks and sounds like?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          O wehe, des höchsten Schmerzentags!

The Boulez/Chéreau Ring is the only one of those I've seen (on a screen I mean) and I imagine anything directed by Castorf is going to be awful, but does anyone here know what the Barenboim/Kupfer one looks and sounds like?
          Difficult to summarise an entire Ring but the Barenboim/Kupfer Ring is very highly rated in its DVD format. Can be picked up quite cheaply on a certain auction site, should you miss the 3Sat showing!

Comment

Well, OK, a link about Bayreuth 2021, but that aside, for anyone with dreams of traveling to the Green Hill:

In addition to the new production of “Der fliegende Holländer” (7 performances), there will be revivals of the productions of “Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg” (6 performances) and “Tannhäuser” (6 performances). A special feature of this year’s festival will be two concerts under the musical direction of Andris Nelsons and one concert under the musical direction...

Comment

Working...
            X