Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Les Vêpres Siciliennes (Verdi)

Enjoyng this perfomance from the ROH in 2013. Lianna Haroutounian (Hélène) excellent soprano and Bryan Hymel (Henri) good tenor. Tony Pappano in the pit, Donald Macleod in the R3 box.

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
    Enjoyng this perfomance from the ROH in 2013. Lianna Haroutounian (Hélène) excellent soprano and Bryan Hymel (Henri) good tenor. Tony Pappano in the pit, Donald Macleod in the R3 box.
    I agree - heard the first act before switching to the live 4 x 4 stream from the Royal Opera tonight .

Comment

Pappano has just said '[in this opera] The duets are the Thing'.
      Unfortunately I missed the big duet between Monfort and Henri as my groceries arrived....

Comment

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
        I agree - heard the first act before switching to the live 4 x 4 stream from the Royal Opera tonight .
        Is that a video stream, Held?

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
          Is that a video stream, Held?
          Yes it’s a live stream of four ‘operas’ - really dramatic cantatas to be honest - from the Royal Opera
          Handel Apollo and Dafne
          Barber Knoxville 1915
          Britten Phaedra
          Gruber Frankenstein

- really enjoying it . I saw a dress rehearsal of the Vespers revival a year or so ago. Bizarre production set in the Paris Opera but very very well sung...I’ll catch up with tonight’s on iPlayer

Comment

Aah, thanks for explanation. All these singers in the Verdi are great. (Just heard about the strange Act Four stage business from DM....).

Comment

Working...
            X