Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tosca - Thursday opera matinee

This is truly awful. Scarpia (James Morris) manages to hit the notes somewhere along the way...well, you must do according to statistical theory...waver enough and sooner or later you must get at least one note correct.

The orchestra is laboured and the temp turgid. I was looking forward to this....time to switch off and get out one from the CD collection.

I listened to the last fifteen minutes or so, and I only can agree with you. And not only Scarpia was suffering, I found Tosca rather wobbling as well I'm afraid. Untypical Schneevoigt.

Comment

Was there something odd about the recording, it sounded like Cavaradossi singing Recondite Armonia in the street outside the theatre. Poor chap had a bit of an off-day I thought and Tosca was not at her best either, so like the others I turned it off.

Comment

Hmmm, I too lasted all of about 15 minutes before giving up. I wonder if losing weight has cost Voigt her voice.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

So you don't recommend "Listen again" in this instance?

Comment

Working...
          X