Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don Giovanni Currentzis Salzburg Festival

This Currentzis MusicaAeterna Don Giovanni is a bit bonkers but brilliant . Some wonderful singing and some very imaginative and beautifully executed fortepiano continuo. Much for the Mozart scholars to chew over with so much musical embellishment….

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
    This Currentzis MusicaAeterna Don Giovanni is a bit bonkers but brilliant . Some wonderful singing and some very imaginative and beautifully executed fortepiano continuo. Much for the Mozart scholars to chew over with so much musical embellishment….
    Yes, an excellent production with some impressive staging & singing.
    After WDR3's live broadcast in July, I watched it on Medici TV and was surprised by Don G's descent in to hell - stripping off and wallowing in white paint, dangly bits and all (I kid you not).

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
      Yes, an excellent production with some impressive staging & singing.
      After WDR3's live broadcast in July, I watched it on Medici TV and was surprised by Don G's descent in to hell - stripping off and wallowing in white paint, dangly bits and all (I kid you not).

Yes I dipped into the video on YouTube last night. The things directors put singers through. God they must love their art….
      The fortepianist - with all the noodling it sounded like a jazz pianist filling in . Weirdly I like’d it.

Comment

Working...
      X