Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met Opera Lohengrin

Stunning singing in this cinema and Radio 3 relay. I abandoned the over compressed sound of the live cinema relay to go back in time 2 hours or so for the Radio 3 deferred relay. So much better - outstanding singing from all the principals esp Piotr Beczała in the title role. The 130 strong chorus and orchestra wonderful as well. The production had a great set and projections but very plodding direction.
    YNS conducted superbly but not sure about the silver nail polish which clashed with his three changes of costume,

With a chorus of 130 on the Met stage I expect this made up for the strictures of the premiere at Weimar. But then , unlike 'Aida' Lohengrin is mostly a big open-air opera.

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
      Stunning singing in this cinema and Radio 3 relay. I abandoned the over compressed sound of the live cinema relay to go back in time 2 hours or so for the Radio 3 deferred relay. So much better - outstanding singing from all the principals esp Piotr Beczała in the title role.
      Interesting. I left the cinema and got home in time for the last act on the radio, but found the music didn't seem to come through to the same extent that the singing did. Perhaps it depends on one's "device", as they call them nowadays - a digital radio in my case.

Comment

Working...
      X