Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyndebourne: Don Giovanni

I went to the first night. I liked the production - nothing too weird, just a few quirks. I particularly liked the Dona Elvira, and very much want to see and hear her again. There were the inevitable First Night gremlins - e.g. the bar till in Nether Wallop crashed, so I couldn't pay for my wine - such a shame. The weather was perfect; the staff did well; the coffee in the bar after the performance was, umm, not up to scratch.

Goodness me, is all that still going on? I thought there was supposed to be a Cost-of-Living crisis or something.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
      Goodness me, is all that still going on? I thought there was supposed to be a Cost-of-Living crisis or something.
      I'm afraid so. The house was close to full. The only person I met that evening I disagreed with was the man in the restaurant who argued that "Brexit is working - the serving staff all speak English.". Perhaps so, but there weren't enough of them. A few months harvesting broccoli and asparagus and apples would do him the world of good, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Glad you took my post in the spirit it was intended. 'Glyndebourne - Don Giovanni' for me means 1936, John Brownlee and Fritz Busch. And that was a few weeks before the Jarrow Crusade.

Comment

Working...
        X