Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera on 3 - The Magic Flute

Missed Act 1 but rather enjoying this . Although I find it hard to listen to the Queen of the Night’s big aria without comparing every soprano ( and this one Ms Lewek is good ) to Lucia Popp

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    Missed Act 1 but rather enjoying this . Although I find it hard to listen to the Queen of the Night’s big aria without comparing every soprano ( and this one Ms Lewek is good ) to Lucia Popp
    Just back from the Cinema relay. Very unusual production with onstage visual and audio artists. To me they really got in the way. Lewek got a standing ovation from the band - something I’ve never seen before. She sang a lot while propelling her self expertly in a wheel chair - some performance.

Comment

The only thing I struggled with - as always really - with the dialogue !

Comment

Yes, that's where it really needs to be seen as well as heard. The other option for audio is to cut it out, but then it sounds like a highlights disc.

I wonder if there is another opera where wacky silliness and profoundly-moving moments happen so successfully close. From what we know of Mozart from his letters, this seems to be an aspect of the oddity of life which he understood.

Comment

Working...
        X