X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Rossini - Matilde di Shabran

Anyone else listening to this recording from the Pesaro festival? I'm having a low-key evening with Rossini and a couple of bottles of Carlsberg (should be Nastro Azurro really, I suppose) .
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

I'm listening. Very Rossini! The synopsis (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nwbv3) provided by the Festival did rather make my brain boggle! But enjoyable non the less.

Comment

• kernelbogey
      • Nov 2010

Yes - very Rossini. I'm enjoying it although the tenor seems to struggle occasionally (and understandably!).

Has anyone been to this festival?

2013 rep is Guillaume Tell (new production), L’Italiana in Algeri (new production), & La donna del lago (concert performance).

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

No - but I've often thought that it would be a most enjoyable experience. I did once pass through Pesaro on my way to the International Gay Camp further down the coast.

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

I have - and I was fortunate enough to be there in 1996 (I think it was) when Juan Diego Flores got his first big break in this very opera!

I wish I could say that I fully realised at the time the significance of the event, but I didn't quite.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this evening.

Comment

Working...
          X