Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    That question was purely rhetorical, 'the 'answer' being implied: NO ONE.

Anyway, do keep up - there has never been any such rule and therefore it has never been necessary to suspend it or disregard it pour décourager les autres, encourager les autres, avoir le courage de ses opinions, prendre son courage à deux mains, perdre courage, reprendre courage et ainsi de suite ...
    Bristle hath no fury like a moderator asleep at the joystick

Comment

The old BBC Messageboards didn't allow posts in other languages.

Comment

We used to have great fun trying to circumvent that on the old Word of Mouth board. I seem to have kept this thread:

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Though I remember another one which was entirely in Latin.

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
          We used to have great fun trying to circumvent that on the old Word of Mouth board. I seem to have kept this thread:

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Though I remember another one which was entirely in Latin.
          Brilliant poem De Motore Bo.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Fortunately the participants in the original posts were not Belgian or one of them might have hurled what Richard Cobb records, from his experience in Brussels in 1944-5, as "the fatal phrase, 'espèce d'architecte', at once followed by the crash of broken glass and the heavy breathing of a first-class brawl."

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              The old BBC Messageboards didn't allow posts in other languages.
              But this one does

Is this progress?

Or anarchy?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                But this one does

Is this progress?
                The earliest version of the BBC boards didn't allow web addresses of any sort, as well as no personal contact details. Made things a bit diffy when we set up our website but weren't allowed to tell anyone how to find it - and Google didn't crawl it because no one ever visited it. Now that's yer for you!

"FoR3 is an organisation" we would say in the hope someone would rumble before the mods removed the post because it said FoR3 ('FoR3' was ruled content of 'a commercial nature').
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Pardon moi monseiuers et mademe je suis BBM non parlez francais une peu!

(Or in other words I wish I could speak French better!!)

Vive La France, vive Royaume Uni!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post

Vive La France, vive Royaume Uni!
                    Avez vous un cuppa ?

Comment

La Maison de la Radio has been in a state of chaos for over a week. Here is France Musique's fairly frank (sic) explanation. La pelouse est toujours plus vert.... http://www.francemusique.fr/actu-mus...o-france-89427

Comment

... thanks for that, utct.

Le Monde writes -

Comment

Good article, of course. Thanks, vinteuil.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post

Une chose à la fois, BBM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              Une chose à la fois, BBM.
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

... and some passionate pleading by Philippe Meyer -

TRIBUNE. Maintenir l’exigence du service public nécessite d’avoir un projet. C’est ce qui manque à la direction de la Maison ronde depuis plusieurs années, explique Philippe Meyer, producteur à France Culture et animateur à France Inter.

I particularly liked -

"Les dernières années ont vu les chaînes, et notamment France Inter et France Culture, se livrer à une concurrence absurde, exacerbée par des rivalités et des ambitions subalternes. Faute de pouvoir justifier cette rivalité par une politique de programmes, chaque direction s’est arc-boutée sur des sondages dont la moindre variation à la hausse, le plus souvent inférieure à la marge d’erreur de ce type de mesure, est célébrée comme un Austerlitz, à grand renfort de trompette.
                                Radio France ne peut pas se payer de cette fausse monnaie, ni se complaire dans cette autosatisfaction ampoulée, ni se replier dans une crainte frileuse. Son mérite a toujours été de proposer à ses publics – je tiens au pluriel – des émissions dont ils ne savaient pas encore avoir envie. C’est ce qui a toujours donné une saveur particulière à son succès. Nous sommes une radio d’offre, avec les risques que cela comporte, pas une radio de marketing, même si le savoir-faire de ceux qui étudient les audiences peut nous aider à placer au mieux nos propositions dans la grille des programmes."

Comment

Working...
                                X