Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning

i must say that Messrs Handley and Jolly catch my mood very well on Sunday morning programmes ... i was grateful for the four composers Mr Jolly featured today especially the Gerhard and Panufnik

it seems like falling off a horse why is it so hard the rest of the week ... never mind the manners the choice of music goes up a notch or two .. or mebbe it is just the much more simpatico presentation ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Yes; those Gerhard Spanish songs were lovely, weren't they!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      . or mebbe it is just the much more simpatico presentation ...
      as I remarked recently, Jolly and Handley are two presenters who operate in adult-adult mode - makes for a much more listenable prog

Comment

i must say that Messrs Handley and Jolly catch my mood very well on Sunday morning programmes ... i was grateful for the four composers Mr Jolly featured today especially the Gerhard and Panufnik

it seems like falling off a horse why is it so hard the rest of the week ... never mind the manners the choice of music goes up a notch or two .. or mebbe it is just the much more simpatico presentation ...

Agree with you entirely. Have a look at the latest comments on "The Classic FM-isation of R3 is almost complete" section- mine included. Yes, the weekend presenters, and the content, show what the show could be.

Comment

Have just turned on the Breakfast show (Monday), and, oh dear, it is business as usual. Forget the banal presentation- that seems to be par for the course now. No, the content. Wall to wall light musak, and, at best Ace of Clubs "classics". If they must employ these presenters, surely it is obvious they should not be allowed anywhere near the programme content.

The weekend versions of the show, show what can be done with knowledgeable presenters. Even the Best of British section on Saturday took a turn for the better, with a symphony by Herschel. Such a change from the predictable easy listening listener choices we are subjected to during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
            If they must employ these presenters, surely it is obvious they should not be allowed anywhere near the programme content.
            It only seems to be people here who think that programme music content is the sole responsibility of presenters. Who chooses the music when someone like Victoria Meakin is wheeled in?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              It only seems to be people here who think that programme music content is the sole responsibility of presenters. Who chooses the music when someone like Victoria Meakin is wheeled in?
              My guess for new female presenters is Sue Perkins or Jo Brand or maybe both,

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                I doubt they would be worse than CBH , Sarah Walker or SMP let alone Suzy Klein .

Comment

i know this is discussed elsewhere but i wanted to highlight the positive and give praise .... like many here i have a long list if i want to knock the R3 output ...

and indeed it was the gerhard Spanish songs that prompted the post ... exquisite and totally unknown to yours truly
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
                    and, at best Ace of Clubs "classics".
                    There were many fine recordings on Decca Ace of Clubs.

Comment

not least

Comment

not least
                        And the Patzak/Ferrier/VPO/Walter Das Lied von der Erde - my "if you could take only one disc to the desert island" choice.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

The VPO/Kleiber Eroica.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                            In the words of Jonny Mac......

Ace of Clubs - Boult Vaughan Williams, Collins Sibelius Symphonies, Jensen's Leminkainen Legends. Loads of Ansermet, Lindenberg's Bizet and Chabrier

In fact take your pick:

Comment

i know this is discussed elsewhere but i wanted to highlight the positive and give praise .... like many here i have a long list if i want to knock the R3 output ...

and indeed it was the gerhard Spanish songs that prompted the post ... exquisite and totally unknown to yours truly
                              Unfortunately, one Swallow doesn't make a summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X