X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aotearoa
    • May 2014

1Xtra intereference

My enjoyment of the Porkoviev 5th was shattered by being nudged off (internet) air by 1xtra. This happened initially during the World Music Extra and I thought it was some contribution from a lesser known corner of the former British Empire, like Harlem. However, the same thing has happened during 'Through the Night'. It is a bit of a jolt to the senses and is akin to the taxi short wave radio bursting through the airwaves; lots of trendy South London eff-ing and jeff-ing
    I am sure that the folks at 1Xtra are very nice, despite their mean looking face-pulling on their web page. However, how does Radio 3 become Radio 1 Xtra at the drop of a (baseball) hat?

I sent a note to the charming Catriona Young but I am sure she is tucked up as I feel I am the only one listening to TTN with a pulse at 15.32 on the Kapiti Coast (02.32 in UK). However, it s 24 degrees and painfully pleasant with a sauv blanc in hand.
  • Quarky
    • Dec 2010

Have you complained to BBC via its website?

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Aotearoa View Post
      My enjoyment of the Porkoviev 5th .
      Insensitive pigs

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        Insensitive pigs
        Probably a snorter of a performance.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Probably a snorter of a performance.
          Very ham fisted IMV

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

May we hope that R3 burst in on 1Xtra? :-(
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              May we hope that R3 burst in on 1Xtra? :-(
              Perhaps it's pilot for a R3Extra channel, consisting entirely of readings of sent-in texts (no royalties to pay)?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Radio1Extra drum'n bass after midnight is a treat! [no announcers and d'n b is orchestral]
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Aotearoa
                  • May 2014

Sent a polite note to the Beeb but as I am not a licence payer I don't suppose they have to listen to me. I went to 1Xtra to see if my preferred station had flipped over to them somehow but no such luck.
                  It was annoying and went on for most of the day so I switched off and resorted to Radio NZ Concert. They are a little unrehearsed but wellmeaning. You can't knock R3 for lack of professionalism - it is pretty slick.

Anyway, happy new year to you all from the future (albeit only 13 hours ahead).

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Sent a polite note to the Beeb but as I am not a licence payer I don't suppose they have to listen to me. I went to 1Xtra to see if my preferred station had flipped over to them somehow but no such luck.
                    It was annoying and went on for most of the day so I switched off and resorted to Radio NZ Concert. They are a little unrehearsed but wellmeaning. You can't knock R3 for lack of professionalism - it is pretty slick.

Anyway, happy new year to you all from the future (albeit only 13 hours ahead).
                    I think that the members of this forum could compile a very respectable list of examples of lack of professionalism......!
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Sent a polite note to the Beeb but as I am not a licence payer I don't suppose they have to listen to me.
                      Whatever makes you think they listen to licence payers? There again, one does not need a licence to listen to radio broadcasts in the U.K. There is no radio licence, only a television one.

By the way, I detect no sign of drum and bass, or any other influence of 1xtra, during the UK's HD Sound in demand offering of that TtN. Perhaps it was restricted to the low definition overseas option.

Comment

Working...
                      X