• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perhaps the author was thinking of Imogen Mahler

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post

You're really motoring today, mercia, aren't you (Crumbs, he's scarpered again!)
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It bothers me; I have posted on it previously. I will continue to do so whenever I encounter a faux pas. However, until then, take it as read that my feelings on the current R3 roster of presenters (pace Word, Ofcachap et al) for whom the current incarnation of R3 represents the best of all possible worlds), and the maintenance of its website, remains much as it ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          Or maybe Alma Mater. Or even her half-step-sister-two-and-a-half-times removed Ursula Vaughan Holst. Who can say with certainty?

Anyway, if anyone ever describes Fiona Searle as the composer's mother, R3 will be sure to get a brickbat and a half (mind you, they'd have first to give themselves the excuse by programming a series of Searle's works, which sadly doesn't look especially likely from where I'm sitting)...

Comment

The amount of gaffes on the R3 website along with presenter gaffes are now so common that I've largely given up bothering to mention them on these Boards. In just about any other employer, the unbelievable amount of gaffes that occur on R3 would have resulted in some major sackings. I really want to know which idiots they seem to be employing at R3 these days. I've been trying to get a job in music for over 20 years without hardly ever getting an interview, and R3 seems to be employing people with virtually no knowledge of classical music!!! I should think all MB's could do a better a job, at least we would all do our research properly!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              Fiona Searle
              rushes to wikipedia to find out true relationship, finds nothing, now in blind panic turns to google ................ will report back soonest .................

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                That bracket after 'Imogen Holst' was no typo, it was a deliberately written piece, thus inserted by someone at R3, trying to be heldpful...
                ...whereas 'heldpful' arguably was?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                  ...whereas 'heldpful' arguably was?
                  "Fully held up", perhaps?...

Comment

Ha ha.

Comment

Plenty of gaffes on the R3 website this week including a new composer on In Tune last night called ?????? ????????? ??? and apparently it appears that Satie's music has actually been composed by the Toulouse Capitole Orchestra. I keep getting invited to comment on the R3 website when I log on, I don't know why they keep asking as they clearly take no notice of the responses, as the mistakes just keep on coming.

Comment

I keep getting invited to comment on the R3 website when I log on, I don't know why they keep asking as they clearly take no notice of the responses, as the mistakes just keep on coming.
                        Actually, I wouldn't be so quick to knock it: that survey probably represents one of the best chances of "being heard" you have. What good does kvetching and moaning around here do compared with channeling your input into one of the few officially-sponsored audience feedback mechanisms they're offering?

Post here and you're just another disgruntled messageboarder; say the same thing in a survey and you're a data point. And if you get enough data points together, your minority opinion starts to look representative.

If I were you, I'd be cramming my opinion down that thing fast, hard, and as many times as they let me. And maybe hop on a UK proxy server to make it look like it's coming from a bunch of different cities to boot. Seriously, what do you have to lose?

Comment

You've missed my point cavatina, I have completed the survey SIX times now, and each time brought the problems/gaffes to their attention, but they just seem to carry on and the standard in recent weeks is getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
                            You've missed my point cavatina, I have completed the survey SIX times now, and each time brought the problems/gaffes to their attention, but they just seem to carry on and the standard in recent weeks is getting worse.
                            I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think the survey research company would give the results to the client/sponsor until it's complete; in fact, they're probably throwing up the questionaire so often in order to reach a number of replies that's statistically significant.

Only six? Ha! Keep at it, S...I lost track of how many times I filled out the damn thing. Oh, and don't forget to lie on the "is this the first one you've filled out?" question. Anyway, why don't you do a Google search (or phone the general number and drill down) and find out who's responsible for website quality control and give their supervisors an earful directly? Seriously, it's probably just one or two minimum-wage schmucks making the whole station look like a bunch of ignorant slackers.

Oh and while you're at it, please do tell them to take the link to the old messageboards off their "New Music" page.

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
                              zzzz...as an individual you are not important but if 20,000 people said the same as you, it would be a very important research finding and action taken. So it seems the vast majority of people aren't too bothered and have more important things to do...

Comment

If very few people comment about the state of the website when there is an opportunity to do so, then it is a sad reflection on the listeners who view it as it is a sad reflection on a society generally that now tamely accepts substandard goods and services as normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X