No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants on fire!

From the Feedback section of today’s Radio Times:-

‘Several readers have complained about what they perceive as an increase in trails on Radio 3, but the station assures us that there’s been no increase in their frequency.’

Then how has that one appeared in the middle of CDR, for a start?

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
    but the station assures us that there’s been no increase in their frequency.’
    No increase since when? Last time I wrote a letter of complaint (ages ago - 2006?), RW quoted the number seconds/minutes increase per week, a mere unnoticeable nothing. Which on examination turned out to be a 20% increase. So there's been no increase since then, or no increase corresponding exactly with the start of complaints?

Anyway, they insist people 'welcome' the trails. They are 'not an issue'.

I wouldn't know about this, but I had an email (from one of our posters here ) three days ago saying that the trails seemed to be 'more repetitive (frequent?)'.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Almost everytime I seem to switch on recently there seems to be a trailer in full flow, so I promptly switch off again. The only way to listen these days is via Iplayer so you can skip through them. Sounds like more 'untruths' from RW and friends.

Comment

" The only thing worse than trails is the constant complaining about trails "

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
          " The only thing worse than trails is the constant complaining about trails "

Point of information, Paolo, do they have trails in the middle of World on 3?
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Those pesky things ff ?
            Certainly not !

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Point of information, Paolo, do they have trails in the middle of World on 3?
              why should they - too few listeners to make them worthwhile (and anyway such listeners are unlikely to want the more usual R3 fare)

Comment

>>.too few listeners to make them worthwhile

PS
                There's be several more if the things weren't only broadcast so late at night ...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                  >>.too few listeners to make them worthwhile

PS
                  There's be several more if the things weren't only broadcast so late at night ...
                  can't you double audience - I'm sure your mother could stay up specially

Comment

Unfortunately Frances ..

Otherwise, good thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X