Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shostakovich Jazz Suite No.2 on Essential Classics 2/11/17

The version Suzy Klein played this morning was from the alternative 8-movement Suite,
    NOT, as Suzy informed listeners, from Gerard McBurney's reconstruction of 3 missing
    movements, which was scored for the original line-up. What Suzy played was a full
    orchestral arrangement, part of a collection of film music by Shostakovich.

I tweeted both Radio 3 and Suzy to correct the error but of course, received no
    acknowledgement of their mistake.

Originally posted by Paulie55 View Post
    The version Suzy Klein played this morning was from the alternative 8-movement Suite,
    NOT, as Suzy informed listeners, from Gerard McBurney's reconstruction of 3 missing
    movements, which was scored for the original line-up. What Suzy played was a full
    orchestral arrangement, part of a collection of film music by Shostakovich.

I tweeted both Radio 3 and Suzy to correct the error but of course, received no
    acknowledgement of their mistake.
    Think yourself lucky. If you'd been acknowledged on air, it would probably have been in a dismissive way, as by a schoolteacher caught out by a 'clever clogs' pupil.

Comment

Earlier on she announced that we would hear a recording by the Bavarian Symphony Orchestra.....

Comment

I wouldn't have included this particular piece under any Essential Classics rubrick, in any case...

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          Earlier on she announced that we would hear a recording by the Bavarian Symphony Orchestra.....
          It's hard to believe how presenters manage to f*** up some thing so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
            It's hard to believe how presenters manage to f*** up some thing so simple.
            Not, I think, in this particular case. To say she has form would be an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Not, I think, in this particular case. To say she has form would be an understatement.
              Hiya Bryn,

Maybe the next approach by R3 management will be to engage presenters who's enunciation is not especially clear so the pronunciation mistakes are not as noticeable.

Comment

Hiya Bryn,

Maybe the next approach by R3 management will be to engage presenters who's enunciation is not especially clear so the pronunciation mistakes are not as noticeable.
                You mean, like Louis Armstrong scatted his way to the end of a recording, when he forgot the lyrics?

Comment

Hiya Bryn,

Whose.

Comment

Working...
                  X