Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Reardon's view of R3

A couple of brief mentions of R3 here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09fy5xg and the R3 voices are authentic.

Seems Ed doesn't like pointless chatter - though no doubt he contributes to it. Indeed, in another episode he was writing on msg boards.

I hope the announcers got paid extra for input to R4.

....has anyone else noticed that in Gissings : New Grub Street....the characters are Ed Reardon and Jasper Milvain....
    bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....has anyone else noticed that in Gissings : New Grub Street....the characters are Ed Reardon and Jasper Milvain....
      ... the radio prog is of course a homage to that classic work - and certainly in the earlier episodes the impoverished-seeing-himself-as-serious writer vs the successful-sold-out-to-market writer was an important element in the comedy.

Comment

....I've listened from the beginning.....but only read New Grub Strret last month....

....since he went to university I have not enjoyed....suggest he becomes a Travel Writer - plenty of chances of exotic places and NEW CHARACTERS .....
        bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          Interesting ....
          George Gissing's portrayal of the hard facts of a literary life remains as relevant today as it was in the late 19th century, writes Robert McCrum

Comment

... some pleasing swipes at Radio 3's Carol Competition in today's Ed Reardon's Week

Comment

Working...
            X