No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Music

Bach Symphonies: Sunday 11 February

Symphonies by two of Bach's sons, Carl Philipp Emanuel and the lesser known Johann Christian Friedrich, performed by the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment conducted by Rebecca Miller and the New Bach Collegium Musicum of Leipzig, conducted by Burkhard Glaetzner.
    Symphonies by two of Bach's sons, CPE and the lesser known Johann Christian Friedrich.

Does this programme ever get mentioned amongst all those trailers? I didn’t realise that this was a ‘programme’.

This looks to me a perfect format for Essential Classic: one hour, the music is selected with a focus, just enough information about the composer and the music, and it is introduced by a non-personality presenter (used to be called an announcer). Why can’t we have this in the morning instead of hidden away in the deepest of the night?
    Last edited by doversoul1; 21-02-18, 22:29.

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
    Bach Symphonies: Sunday 11 February

Does this programme ever get mentioned amongst all those trailers? I didn’t realise that this was a ‘programme’.
    It is described as "An occasional music series" rather than as a "programme".

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
      It is described as "An occasional music series" rather than as a "programme".
      Marches, ceremonials, fanfares, anthems, special occasion music then.

Comment

Working...
      X